Why I Cancelled My IPSY Subscription
Recently I did a post reviewing my first IPSY glam bag for yous. If you read it, maybe you thought nothing was wrong with the products. Maybe you hated the products. It’s all up to you. But for me it honestly just felt useless. I’ll set up some pros and cons before I explain my reasoning.
- The Waiting List – If you see an ad that says “Sign up today! There is no waiting list!” It. Is. A. Lie. You will be put on the waiting list unless you ‘Skip the Wait’ and share on social media that you have signed up with IPSY. I decided not to share and got stuck waiting 2 months for my first bag. No biggy if you’re a patient person, but they have no problem with taking your money and waiting forever to send your products.
- Repeated Products – I’ve read some reviews from people stating they get similar (or the same) products from past months bags. Not cool if you didn’t like it the first time. Plus, their tag line is ‘Try Before You Buy’. Sorry, but I don’t need to try the same products twice… Unless I reeaaally like it. If you need a source, I found this blog post. Read the comments if you’re interested in what others have to say.
- Products – If you’re wondering “Do you actually get good products?” My answer is yes, you actually do. Full sized products are definitely sent as well, along with brushes. Which is awesome! Buuut, you do also get some pretty small samples as well. I’d say it’s a pretty good mixture.
- Cancellation – Some reviews I’ve seen had said their ipsyCare page has horrible response time. From experience, I can say they did a great job helping me unsubscribe. They replied so fast and I had absolutely no problem canceling. Good job IPSY.
- Re-Subscription – If you decide you don’t want to cancel and you do want to receive glam bags, there is no wait list if you were a prior member. Plus, you still get to enter giveaways and you get discounts to their brand partners.
- Billing Info – I don’t know about you but it comforts me to know that my billing information isn’t being stored when I unsubscribe. Once again, good job IPSY.
It Was Just Pointless
If you didn’t already know, I don’t really wear makeup. The only reason I subscribed to IPSY was for ma sista. I thought she’d like it and I was being a good sibling ya know? Plus, if I got something I’d like to try then awesome. But was it really worth it for me? No, not really. My sister had no problem with going out and buying products herself, so she’ll continue doing that. As for me and my face, we’re gonna stick to being makeup free most of the time.
Ultimately, the subscription choice is all yours. I really haven’t had any bad experiences with this company. Honestly, I think you should give it a try. If you aren’t feeling it after an amount of time then cancel. Simple as that.
Interested in getting a glimpse of what IPSY can send you? Head on over to my IPSY post ⇒Here⇐
I’d love to hear about your experiences with IPSY. Likewise, I’d love to know what your thoughts are about this company, good or bad.