Purple Hair Don’t Care
⇑ That was cheesy I KNOW. But guys…my hair is purple. It went from half black, half blonde to purple. I knew changing my hair from natural (kinda) hair colors to vibrant and pastel colors was gonna be a challenge with the care. Just not this challenging. These were the tips I was given to prevent the color from fading so I’m sharing them with yous.
6 Tips On Caring For Dyed Hair
- Decrease the Heat – Using excessive heat on colored hair will result in crusty, dried hair. I’d recommend using a heat protectant spray before using any flat or curling irons.
- No Pools – Yes, you can go swimming. Just put your hair up and don’t go under the water. The chemicals in chlorine can actually affect the hair color and change it. Plus, if you just recently dyed your hair, it’ll bleed into the pool.
- Shampoo the scalp, condition the ends – After you get your hair dyed you should usually wait at least 2 days before shampooing, 3 is even better. Otherwise the color doesn’t have as much time to soak into the hairs cuticle. When you do wash your hair just shampoo the top, where your grease is. Then, run the conditioner through the ends.
- Use cold water – Rinse your hair with cold/lukewarm water. If you use hot water the outer cuticle layer will lift and wash the color out, which causes fading.
- Wash hair 2/3 times per week – It should just make sense that color would fade really fast if your washed your hair every single day. Try to go as long as possible with that dry shampoo. Also, don’t stop taking showers…just wear a shower cap or something. Lolz. I put my hair up in a tight bun. That does the trick.
- Keep it out of the sun as much as possible – Sun will lighten and fade the color. So next time you go outside for a long time it’d be useful to wear a hat. Or not, if you don’t want to. I’m not telling you what to do.
One More Thing
If you have a vibrant hair color, it WILL GET EVERYWHERE. My pillows are destroyed, so that kinda sucks. The back of my shirts are purple, so that kinda sucks too. But I really should’ve expected this to happen. Just be careful what you wear right when you get your hair dyed. And do not wear your favorite shirt on hair coloring day! It will get ruined.
Take these tips as seriously as you want, but trust me they’ll help.
Also, happy Easter to everyone! Hope you have a spectacular, splendid day!