So You Wanna Get The
Bull… Septum Ring
Yeah, with your septum pierced that’s a thing you’re gonna have to get used to…bull jokes.
(Here’s the story about how it happened. Skip if you don’t care.)
Over the summer Casey and I went to celebrate my friend’s birthday. She had booked an appointment for some tattoos and well…you can probably guess where this is going. While she was getting stabbed with a needle repeatedly someone with us spontaneously decided to make a piercing appointment. That’s when Casey said “DO YOUR SEPTUM. You’ve waited too long.” And then everyone else was like “DO IT.”
So about 20 minutes go by and I was freaking out cause I just didn’t know if I should do it or not. Well we get to the shop and I was so on the fence about doing it so we flipped a coin. Not even five minutes later I was in that look-a-like dentist chair getting my nose swabbed. It was an interesting experience.
Before/During The Piercing
- Don’t talk yourself out of it just because you think it’ll hurt too much. You’ll be okay, I promise.
- Please make sure the shop you go to is clean and sanitized. Look at reviews or talk to someone that’s been there before.
- Take in consideration of what your mom is gonna say…
- The needle looks huge, don’t be scared of it. I recommend closing your eyes.
- It really DOES NOT HURT….at all. Guys I’m so serious right now it’s not even funny. The anxiety I had beforehand was so pointless. The clamp hurt more than the needle did. And my pain tolerance is so low. Someone could flick me and I’d start crying.
- …It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t sting. All there is, is pressure and then it’s done.
After The Piercing
- There was no pain in my nose after, but I did get a headache.
- Apparently you’re only supposed to use Ibuprofen until the piercing heals.
- Bull Jokes… Are Going To Happen. Prepare yourself, thicken your skin. Don’t get offended when it’s said cause it’s only a joke. Plus, I hate to say it but you signed yourself up for it by getting it in the first place.
- You’re gonna get a whole lotta looks and your family will probably cry.
- If you’ve got friends, they’ll probably tease you too.
- You’re mom will probably avoid all eye contact with you and probably won’t look at you for about a week (or more).
- People will say it doesn’t look like you.
- You’ll have to ignore all the hate you get from it.
- Use a saline nasal spray to clean it. Along with a Q-tip.
- It still doesn’t hurt.
- After about a month it starts to get that piercing smell. Which is gross but you become nose blind to it.
I Was A Mess
If this doesn’t prove how much of a disaster I was I don’t know what will. Please forgive my gross face.
I decided to add the meme’s in here because it’s good to make fun of yourself. Do not get your septum pierced if you can’t do that. Although, it is a convenient piercing to get since you can hide it whenever you want. Also, if you ever wanna take it out there will be no hole in your face.
So that’s all I have for you today. Until next time Stay Safe, Stay Creative, Stay Alive