2018, You Shall Not Suck
Let’s face it 2017 was horrible… It was horrible but yet not. It’s hard for me to tell cause there were so many lows but yet so many highs.
Focusing on the positive, taking a look back I’ve…
- Seen a total of 31 bands (probably more than that)
- Got a piercing I was terrified to get (sorry mom)
- Visited Chicago
- Visited Minnesota
- Found a real family of frens
- Started this blog
- Had purple hair
- Found out I want to be a photographer
- Signed up for college classes to achieve dream job
- Became a girlfren to someone I used to call one of my best frens
- Found my voice
- Learned to skateboard
- Obtained a new child (my dog Roo Bear)
- Bought a new car
- Ate mashed potatoes in a margarita glass (true story)
- Finally ate at The Cheesecake Factory
- Let the people holding me back go
- Found a boyfren…oops I already said that
- Most importantly found out who I want to be
Don’t let that list fool you, there have been just as many lows in 2017 but Imma choose to not write about them. Even though it sounds like it was rad and cool beans, it was also just rank and rough. Too much shit went down and it was hard to get through, honestly. That’s where my goal for 2018 comes in…
2018 Will Be My Year
No more excuses. No more procrastination. If I want something I’m gonna go and get it. I will work hard to get what I deserve. No more pity parties.
(Lolz I say that but in reality…)
My goal for 2018 is to be confident enough in my work to start charging people for my photos. Sounds selfish? No it’s not. Being a photographer is my dream job and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work out. The whole year of 2017 I’ve been warming up to the idea of being a photographer. Practicing and taking photos free of charge. Half way through this year I want to be confident enough to allow people to appreciate my work… That’s it… That’s the goal.
So no resolutions for me this year, instead just one goal. One goal I have a year to achieve. If I don’t then I give up forever… Nah I’m joking but for reals. Anyway that’s all I have for you today. Until next time stay safe, stay creative, stay alive.